Ce n'est pas une vedette
text: Aliya Yesembekova , exclusively for Gazeta.kz
The French pop princess Ingrid has come to Almaty on a personal invitation from a Kazakhstani businessman.
She appeared to be vigorous, bright, active. She answered to questions from journalists in Russia, partially in English, and also in Italian and French. And this despite the fact that she had an Italian-English interpreter and a Kazakhstani specialist who was translating from English into Russian at her side.
There are a lot of rumours about the beautiful singer in the web... They say that her father is a gynaecologist from Kishinev and her mother a designer. When her parents moved to Israel she was born there. When she was asked to comment on this she changed the expression of her face and started to exclaim: "My Daddy a gynaecologist?! from Kishinev?!" - and she continued in Italian, which we could not understand.
- Excuse my French, but I only sing in French, I am Italian. And my first language is Italian. And my parents are also Italians. I don't know if there is some other Ingrid from Kishinev in Russia, but this information has nothing to do with me.
- Ingrid, why are you wondering, there are always rumours about famous people. By the way what is the most ridiculous rumour that you have ever read about yourself?
- Once I read that I was a vegetarian. Of course it is not true, I eat whatever I want, including meat of course. I was also laughing when I read that someomn#ne saw me in Ukraine in a car full of money. It is not true either.
- Kazakhstani people know your songs, but they know little about yourself. Could you tell us a little about yourself?
- I was born in North Italy in a family of a cinema owner. My parents gave me my name in honour of the great Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman. When I was small they often left me in the hall of our own cinema. I kept watching films. They provoked my imagination. I started to make my tries in painting, acting, music and soon discovered that music is the strongest form of self-expression.
- You travel a lot, what are your impressions from touring?
- It's true, I visited many countries and I've come to a conclusion that I don't understand many things in Russians. But I can definitely say that Russia is spiritually closer to me than the same America. I also like Asian countries, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan.
- It is the second time that you are in Kazakhstan, how do you find our people?
- When I didn't know Kazakhstan yet and I was only going to come here, I was told that there were a lot of beautiful, open, sincere, and cordial people. Now I have had a chance to see it myself. I have a friend in your country - Saken Seifullin, this time I have arrived on his invitation. He has promised to dance tango, the dance of passion, with me and his employees told me they were going to take me to a restaurant to treat me to the national Kazakh meal - beshbarmak.
- Ingrid, do you know that it is our tradition to eat it with hands. Aren't you as a French lady of Italian origin afraid of our Asian traditions?
- Oh! No problem at all! I have heard a lot about this dish so I am prepared to eat it without a fork and a knife. Moreover, food is a pleasure which I never refuse to myself.
- And what about your shape, your image?
- The image does not change for several years, my shape is OK, that is why I eat whatever I please. I don't do sports, I don't have time for it and I don't do diet. I eat a lot. Always! That's it. Love and food are two main things in my life. As for clothes I don't have any favourite brands or a couturier. I buy clothes in boutiques.
- Ingrid are you the same person in life and on stage?
- On stage I am the same as in life. And you know because of the success I feel that I am being more my own self than before. You see me singing on stage in usual clothes - trainers, a top, and gym shoes. I am simple, tranquil, and confident.
- The simpler the better?
- I am a very simple person. I adore nature. I have a cat, I always have its photo with me (showing a photo of her red cat).
- At what moment did you first perceive that you are famous?
- When people look at me and think that a star is close to them I'm laughing. I don't feel like a star. It is all so strange: they ask my autograph, they recognise me on the streets. When I see myself on TV, I wonder: is it really me? When I come to my parents' cinema, which, unfortunately, happens very rarely, once or twice in a month, spectators come and think: "It is incredible! Is it Ingrid? The same Ingrid from MTV cannot check tickets in our cinema, prepare coffee and popcorn. It is impossible!"
- The popularity has two sides. What are advantages and disadvantages of the "stardom"?
- Among the advantages I would mention endless travels around the world. Thanks to the travels, I extend my knowledge, I get acquainted with people of different cultures, talk to them. And among disadvantages - the obligation to look good permanently. I have to always wear makeup. Sometimes I even sleep in makeup...
- Ingrid, is it true that your hit "Tu est foutu" was written because of a personal tragedy that you had gone through?
- A little before that I was dumped by my boyfriend. He is a DJ. Now he has to play my song several times every evening. What a wonderful revenge!
- What men do you like?
- Tender, sensitive, faithful, with a sense of humour.
Also in the "In Depth"
09.01.2013 2012 marked by multiple events in Kazakhstan